Many of us probably agree that very often we get stuck in our daily routine and forget to take care of our physical and psychological health, we tend to steal time from ourselves, forgetting to feed ourselves both mentally and physically. But both things are extremely important for us to feel happy, healthy, and not lose the joy of life. The good news is that by creating small habits, we can improve our well-being. It's not necessary to suddenly change your whole life upside down - let's start with small steps. Let's talk a about the little things that could help you feel better:Getting Sunlight in the Morning
Morning walks trigger the release of endorphins, the feel-good hormones, which can elevate your mood and reduce feelings of stress, anxiety, and depression. Starting your day on a positive note can set the tone for the rest of the day.
- Increases Energy Levels: Walking in the morning can increase blood flow and oxygen supply to your muscles and brain, leaving you feeling more energized and alert throughout the day.
- Promotes Better Sleep: Regular physical activity, including morning walks, can improve sleep quality by helping regulate sleep-wake cycles and reducing stress.
- Supports Brain Health: Walking is associated with better cognitive function and memory retention. The increased blood flow to the brain during exercise can enhance mental clarity and focus.
- Exposure to Sunlight: Morning walks allow you to get some exposure to natural sunlight, which helps regulate your body's internal clock (circadian rhythm) and supports the production of vitamin D.
- Connects with Nature: Walking outdoors in the morning allows you to connect with nature, enjoy fresh air, and appreciate the beauty of your surroundings, promoting a sense of calm and well-being.
Ieva wears Linen oversized shirt-dress in color white.
- Exercise improves mood. Want to reduce stress, improve your emotional state and feel happier? Start exercising! Maybe you like a particular sport, or maybe you go to the gym - any physical activity stimulates the production of happy hormones (endorphins) in your brain, which influence the feeling of happiness.
- Exercise reduces stress and depression. When you are physically active, your mind is interrupted from everyday worries, blood flow to the brain increases and you feel happier. Exercise lowers the level of stress hormones in your blood, so it can help treat mild symptoms of depression and forget about everyday worries. At the same time, it stimulates the release of endorphin (hormone of happiness) in the brain, which is responsible for human emotions.
- There are many benefits to doing sports activities, from benefits for physical condition and appearance to a proven improvement in mental state. Consult your doctor before starting active sports activities. Make sure your health allows you to participate in certain sports activities, remember to take care and avoid injuries.
Creating a sleeping ritual
- Improved Quality Sleep A bedtime routine helps signal to your body that it's time to wind down and prepare for sleep. Engaging in calming activities before bed can promote deeper and more restful sleep.
- A regular sleeping ritual can contribute to better mental health by providing a sense of stability and predictability, which can be beneficial for individuals with anxiety or mood disorders.
- Quality sleep is essential for overall health and well-being. A bedtime routine that promotes better sleep can positively impact your immune system, metabolism, and cardiovascular health.
- Quality sleep obtained through a consistent bedtime routine can improve daytime alertness and cognitive function, leading to increased productivity and focus.
Ieva wears Linen pajama set in midnight blue color.
- Just try to change cookies or candies with nicely cut fruits, vegetables, or other healthy alternatives. For example, you can create a colourful plate of strawberries, bilberries, cubes of mango and some apple slices, or snack with chopped carrots and celery dipped in hummus. Be creative!
- Our body is made 70% of water, so just try to drink as much water as possible, your body will thank you for that later. You can always add some freshly squeezed lemon juice or any other pieces of fruits of your liking and enrich the water with some taste.
Let your body and mind relax during meditation
- Stress Reduction: Meditation is a powerful tool for reducing stress and promoting relaxation. It activates the body's relaxation response, which helps lower stress hormones and induces a state of calmness.
- Improved Focus and Concentration: Regular meditation can enhance attention and concentration by training the mind to stay present and focused on the present moment.
- Enhanced Emotional Well-being: Meditation can promote emotional well-being by helping individuals develop a more positive outlook, reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression, and fostering emotional resilience.
Viktorija wears Linen dress Barbara in color grey.
Small habits make the difference
These few steps can help your body and mind run in a bit more harmony during your everyday life.